Southern Caribbean Cruise
Carnival Victory
7-Day Southern Caribbean Cruise
March 6th-13th, 2011
Departed: San Juan, PR
Stops
St. Thomas, USVI
Barbados
St. Lucia
St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Maarten/St. Martin
We were not originally looking at a Southern Caribbean cruise because of how expensive they can be. We were looking into a Western but those were even really expensive. We keep wavering between a Western and Southern when this specific cruise hit an extremely low price and we decided to go for it!
We fly into San Juan two days beforehand since we found inexpensive airfare plus it gave us a few days before to explore. After a day and half of laying on the beach and swimming in the hotel pool we headed into Old San Juan the morning of our cruise early so we could could check-in and site-see. Getting to the port was pretty uneventful. We had a taxi from our hotel take us and drop us off at the terminal. Once we were there we got into the lines to enter the port to check-in. This did not take nearly as long as I thought it was but I think it helped that we arrived earlier then a lot of people.
Once we got on the ship we were told our rooms would not be ready for awhile but we went down to put stuff in our room so we could go back into Old San Juan.
I do not feel the need to get into much detail about the ship because it was very similar to all the other cruise ships I've been on. Here is a link to Carnival sites about the ship for more information: Carnival Victory.
I will say that the ship had been recently updated with the exception of the TVs but we were not on vacation to watch TV so that was irrelevant to us. The cabins and common areas were nicely updated though.
As for food..it was amazing!! We ate in the main dining room every night but one because the food and service was that good. The buffet left much to be desired in my opinion but it worked for quick meals. I really enjoyed the Coffee Bar they offered on the Casino level. Not only did it have great coffee but also desserts. It was an additional charge but well worth it in my opinion.
We only went to a handful of activities on board since that really is not our type of thing. The comedy show was actually really funny. We played in the casino a few times and enjoyed drinks at the casino bar while people watching most of the time. We did play mini golf, which was really hard on a ship compared to what I thought it would be but definitely a fun experience to try out.
My second favorite area of the ship was Serenity Adult Retreat. It was nice to have an area that children were not allowed in especially when wanting to use the hot tubs. By far my favorite area of the ship was our cabin! We were called about a month before our cruise to be told that we were eligible for a free upgrade to a balcony cabin!!! We definitely jumped at the chance because it was something that probably will never happen again. Let me tell you it was definitely worth it! It was so nice to be able to have a private area to just sit and relax without all the crowds. It was even better to be able to wake up and have breakfast on the balcony. I do not think I will ever be able to go back to an inside room now.
The pictures I am posting are just random ones from around the ship for your viewing pleasure..

Comments
Post a Comment