Organizing Help - Small Linen Closet
Do you have small closet's throughout your home? I know I do and I have found it really hard to keep everything organized. I've tried numerous ways and it always seems to get messy again in a few weeks. Well I've been on a quest to find a solution for my family that would keep everything in our hall closet neat and organized. At last, I can say I finally found a system that works for me! I got me inspiration from the blog Racqel English and just adapted to my needs.
She stores her medicine in a kitchen cabinet with little plastic drawers. I had some clear shoe containers laying around that I used since we store our medicine in the hallway closet. You could pretty much use any type of clear, plastic containers you want. I also had the colored tags laying around the house from other projects.
I wish I had a before picture to show just how terrible my hall closet looked but I forgot to take one. The first thing I did was empty everything out of the closet into my extra laundry baskets. The next step was sorting through everything. From there I started making labels for my containers. I came up with:
The above photo is what the boxes and labels look like as well as how I have them stacked in the closet. I am still working on a permanent solution for my other items like extra shampoo/conditioner, shaving cream, sun block, aloe, etc. For now though it is just siting in rows around the boxes because it works better then before.
As for my towels, I read somewhere a long time ago that rolling your towels would allow for more storage in smaller spaces. I've never tried it until now and I am really glad I did. My towels use to take up almost three full shelf's and now I have it down to two!
In between my bottom row of towels I stuck all my extra candles. It made for a great place to store them and I did not have to sacrifice other parts of my closet for them. The very bottom just holds the extra toilet paper, Kleenex, travel bags, heating pads, and curling irons.
I have to say that I am so happy with how the closet turned out. It looks ten times better then it did before and I have no problems finding anything any longer.
Thanks for taking the time to read the post. Feel free to leave comments and ask questions.
Until next time....
XoXo
Amanda
She stores her medicine in a kitchen cabinet with little plastic drawers. I had some clear shoe containers laying around that I used since we store our medicine in the hallway closet. You could pretty much use any type of clear, plastic containers you want. I also had the colored tags laying around the house from other projects.
I wish I had a before picture to show just how terrible my hall closet looked but I forgot to take one. The first thing I did was empty everything out of the closet into my extra laundry baskets. The next step was sorting through everything. From there I started making labels for my containers. I came up with:
- Allergy
- Band-Aids
- Capsules/Pill Boxes/Mouth and Throat
- Dental
- Digestive
- Eyes
- Flu
- Nails
- Razors
- Samples
The above photo is what the boxes and labels look like as well as how I have them stacked in the closet. I am still working on a permanent solution for my other items like extra shampoo/conditioner, shaving cream, sun block, aloe, etc. For now though it is just siting in rows around the boxes because it works better then before.
As for my towels, I read somewhere a long time ago that rolling your towels would allow for more storage in smaller spaces. I've never tried it until now and I am really glad I did. My towels use to take up almost three full shelf's and now I have it down to two!
In between my bottom row of towels I stuck all my extra candles. It made for a great place to store them and I did not have to sacrifice other parts of my closet for them. The very bottom just holds the extra toilet paper, Kleenex, travel bags, heating pads, and curling irons.
I have to say that I am so happy with how the closet turned out. It looks ten times better then it did before and I have no problems finding anything any longer.
Thanks for taking the time to read the post. Feel free to leave comments and ask questions.
Until next time....
XoXo
Amanda
Comments
Post a Comment