Pinterest Tips: Clean & Shine Your Microwave WITHOUT Cleaner!

So if you all are like me then you pin all kinds of things to Pinterest but rarely do them. I love to clean and went crazy pinning a whole bunch of tips but never got around to trying them until the other day. I don't know if I just never noticed how gross my microwave got or that it just happened recently, but man was I embarrassed at how dirty it had gotten. That got me thing that I remember pinning something awhile back that one of my friends said worked wonders for her.

Here are some before pictures.




Yes, that is how bad my microwave got before I noticed. I am completely embarrassed by that fact as I love a clean house. Apparently my microwave was neglected in the last year or so. I used this wonderful cleaning and shine tip from One Good Thing by Jillee

It takes three easy steps and products you already have in your home. You need a microwave safe bowl or if you have 2-cup measuring cup that would work too. I used a bowl as I didn't have a microwave safe measuring cup. The last two things you need are vinegar and water. Sounds easy, right? 

  • Measure one cup vinegar and add one cup hot water to that. 
  • Place measuring cup or bowl into microwave.
  • Set timer for 10 minutes and turn on.
  • After your microwave stops, carefully remove the hot liquid (use an oven mitt), and wipe out the inside with a rag.
Make sure you are definitely careful taking the liquid out because it will be extremely hot. I let it sit for a few minutes and then took it out using an oven minute. 

Simply and easy way to clean your microwave and it TOTALLY WORKS!!!!! I couldn't believe it the first time I did it and it worked. It made the stuff stuck to my microwave come off so easy compared to all those other cleaners I tried. I ended up putting the liquid back through two more times to help me get more of the stuff stuck off. I am going to end up doing this again this weekend because I couldn't get everything off and my wrist started hurting from scrubbing.

Here are some of the after pictures.







I am still completely amazed at how pretty my microwave cleaned up. I was even happier that the top of my microwave was much easier to clean. I am going to keep trying this to help with getting the top of my microwave to be just as nice as the rest.

Here is the link to the detailed instructions: 

HOW TO CLEAN AND *SHINE* YOUR MICROWAVE WITHOUT CLEANER!

One thing I will tell you is to expect a very strong vinegar smell if you do this multiply times. I wasn't expecting it to be as strong as it was, but after the third time of doing it I had to stop because I couldn't handle the smell anymore.

I would love to hear from you all about how you keep your microwave clean. Do you have any tips, tricks, or specific cleaners that always get your microwave really clean. Post in the comments to share.

Amanda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!