Salsa Verde-Picada Beef Taco Recipe

Need an easy taco recipe, well I have one for you! Get ready to never buy taco seasoning packets again! I used to use the taco seasoning package until I found this 5 Ingredient Salsa Verde Recipe from Picky Palate. Her recipe is super easy and it taste delicious. My husband doesn't really care for anything even remotely spicy and thought something was missing from the original recipe. 

The next time I made tacos I was trying to find something else I could add or take out that might make it something J would like more. When I used to use the taco seasoning packet I would add picada sauce right before I was done cooking for more flavor. J loved tacos that way so I thought why not I would give it a try with this recipe. I am so glad I did because it just added even richer flavor to the beef mixture and best of all my husband loves it!! What is even better is that L loves tacos and she can eat this no problems.


Enjoy friends and let me know what you think!!



Brown ground beef in medium skillet over medium heat.


Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, add minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute or two.

Add salsa verde...

add picada and cumin, stir together.  

Serve with your favorite toppings!



Salsa Verde-Picada Beef Taco
Inspired by Picky Palate

Ground beef (originally recipes calls for 1 lb., but I use much smaller portions for my family of 3)
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of ground pepper
1/4 cup of mild salsa verde
1/4 cup of mild picada
1/4 tsp of cumin

Minced Garlic (I don't measure this. Originally recipe calls for 2 tbsp.)

Directions:


1. Brown ground beef in medium skillet over medium heat. Once browned, drain meat and return to skillet. Add onions, sauté for about 3-5 minutes, add minced garlic and sauté for a minute or two. Add salsa verde, picada, and cumin, and stir together. 


2. Reduce heat and add more salsa verde or picada if you need/want it. Remove from heat and serve. 


Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!