Nurturing YOU – Journal Prompts {Fill Your Cup}

I finally had the time to sit down and go through the new journal prompts from Creative with Kids. I've got to say as a parent, but especially a stay-at-home mom this nurturing is something that a lot! I nurture my husband and kids, but rarely myself. I find that as mom I need to find new ways to nurture myself because if I'm not taking care of myself how can I take care of everyone else.

What are 5 or more SIMPLE activities I can do when I truly need to nurture myself? (Think about what you can do when you’re burnt out and low energy – take a bath? drink a cup of tea? walk outside and take a deep breath?  What nurtures YOU?)

This is the question that really stood out to me in this category. What can I do to nurture myself when I need it? Here is what I came up with.

1. Exercise. I find that whenever I exercise in anyway I also feel better. I need to figure out a way especially in the winter to stop making excusing and just exercise.

2. Have a cup of tea. I love tea and I always feel so much calmer when I sit down and have a cup.

3. Read. This is by far my favorite hobby. I love a good book : ) Not a surprise to those that know me. I need to remember to use this as a way to nurture myself. A good book can take you right out of your current life and transport you to a whole new place, even just for a little bit.

4. Take a bath. I love baths. They are very relaxing and give me some time to myself. I don't get to do this enough because my toddler bangs on the door, but I need to try it again.

5. Ask for help. I need to ask for help when I need to nurture myself. I have a tendency to not ask for help when I am feeling really burnt out. I need to stop thinking I can do it all and ask my husband for more help when I need it and remember that I have friends who would be willingly to help too.


As simple as my list sounds, I need to actually remember to do these things when I need some me time. I always seem to forget the simplest things can be the most helpful. What would your list look like? Share with my in comments! I love to hear what you have to say!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!