Stitch Fix Maternity Review
Haven't heard of Stitch Fix? Where have you been? Living under a rock?? Seriously though for those of you that haven't heard of Stitch Fix, this is what it is. "Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!"
Sounds pretty good right? I mean who doesn't want to have an affordable personal shopper at their disposable. I know I do! I've been waiting to try this and thought I would do it once summer came because I've lost tons of weight and my clothes don't seem to fit anymore. Well that planned changed a little after we found out I was expecting baby number two in March. I had decided that I would be waiting awhile longer to try Stitch Fix because of that, but I recently received an e-mail stated that they offered maternity clothes. After finding out all of my maternity clothes are way too big on me regular clothes are getting too tight, I decided to give it a try.
Here is a glimpse at my Style profile.
Sounds pretty good right? I mean who doesn't want to have an affordable personal shopper at their disposable. I know I do! I've been waiting to try this and thought I would do it once summer came because I've lost tons of weight and my clothes don't seem to fit anymore. Well that planned changed a little after we found out I was expecting baby number two in March. I had decided that I would be waiting awhile longer to try Stitch Fix because of that, but I recently received an e-mail stated that they offered maternity clothes. After finding out all of my maternity clothes are way too big on me regular clothes are getting too tight, I decided to give it a try.
Here is a glimpse at my Style profile.
These are just some of the questions they ask. They also will show you some grouping of styles and outfits together that you can tell them you love, hate, think it's ok, etc. One you fill out your profile you are ready to go! The first thing you do is select the date you want your Stitch Fix to arrive. Once your five items are sent to you, you will be charged a $20 stylist fee that can be applied to whatever you keep from your shipment. From the time I was charged and when the clothing arrived it was about five days including a weekend.
Your Stitch Fix has arrived! Now What? Open your package and see what is inside. The first thing I saw was a little note and style card with what pieces the stylist picked and how you could pair them. It also included the price sheet so you know how much each item is. Once I saw the price sheet, I was little shell shocked to say the least. I found it to be a lot more then I would have expected especially for what I got. I'll talk more in detail about that later.
Now onto what I got. I received a pair of skinny jeans, two shirts (jersey-stretch material), and two dresses (one casual, one dressy). One first looked the clothes looked cute, but big. This has been my biggest problem with clothes lately. I also wasn't crazy about the color of one of the shirts. I guess this just clarifies for me that I will never like the color orange.
The first thing I tried on were the skinny jeans. I've never really worn them before because I don't know if they flatter me or not, but my first reaction was I love the dark denim. Once on these were huge one me especially around the waist and stomach area. I am honestly not even sure I could grow into them because my belly isn't that big now and hopefully won't be. I also tried on the dreaded orange shirt and found I really don't the shirt. I found it be kinda cheaply made and not flattering. It was also big on me so that may be why, but I found for the price it should have been better made.
The next thing I tried on was the navy shirt. I loved this when I first saw it and thought it would look great on. This one fit a little better, but it was still big and the bottom part of the sleeves were a little difficult to work with. They were super fitted, which made it hard to get on. It's an adorable shirt, but not only too expensive for the type of material with it fitting weird it will go back.
| Lexi was over me trying on clothes and taking pictures. |
After the jeans and shirts I moved onto the dresses. I had a feeling I was going to love these and of course I did. I started with the teal casual dress. I thought at first it seemed a bit big, but after awhile I wasn't sure (I am going to get a second opinion from J once he's home tonight). I absolutely love this dress. It is very flatter to my little baby bump and was comfortable to wear. I could see myself wearing this dress all summer and being completely comfortable. I still am not too crazy about the price, but for something I love this much I could be ok with buying it.
The second dress I tried on was a navy dress. It is more dressy then the teal one and of course, I loved this one too. I found it to be completely flattering and comfortable. I also loved the color. I could see myself wearing this to a dressy event while pregnant. The unfortunate part is I have no where to wear it to so I will be sending it back. I can't justify spending the money on keeping it when I probably won't wear it. It was also a little too high for my wheel, but for the right event I would buy it.
Once you try everything on, you have three days to decide what to do. You can keep everything, keep some items, or send everything back. They include a prepaid mailing bag, you just have to drop it off at any USPS mailbox. When you decide what you want to do, you just head to Stitch Fix to complete your order and give feedback. It's that easy and simple to get new clothes!
Overall, I love this idea. As a mom, I don't get time to shop by myself much or even that often so having someone else do the work is great. I'm not crazy about the price point. They say the average price for a price is around $55, which is crazy expensive to me. They do offer lower prices you just have to let them know what your comfortable with in your style profile. I choose the lowest price point and still got items that were more expensive. I think in order to hit more people they need to lower prices a bit or carry more affordable brands for people who are looking for that. I am not looking for super expensive, high in clothes, but clothes that are good quality and affordable. It's a bonus if it's something I can wear out with my daughter, is comfortable, and is something that I could wear out with my friends or husband. I definitely will be trying them out again to see with time and the stylist getting use to your preferences helps at all. Maybe they'll also have more affordable clothing with time!
If you are thinking of trying Stitch Fix, I would appreciate you using my referral link! https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4208908
If you are thinking of trying Stitch Fix, I would appreciate you using my referral link! https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4208908



The dresses look great on you!!!! You should try skinny jeans (that fit right). You could totally pull them off! You've got great legs. :)
ReplyDelete