Stitch Fix Maternity Review Part Two!

I hope everyone is having a great summer and had a fun holiday weekend! We've been really busy with some traveling so things have been crazy on my end. I have finally gotten a moment to share with you my thoughts on my second Stitch Fix box. A lot of what I've read said that they get better the more you order from them and the more the stylist learn your likes. In my review last time, my biggest problem was that they too expensive especially for maternity clothes. I mentioned that in my review last time to them and as well as my note to the stylist this time. She did her best to stick me as close to $50 as possible, which I appreciate. Now onto what I got...

Laila Jayde Darcie Knot Front Maternity Top



My husband and I are both in agree that this shirt is just awful. It does not falter me at all. I didn't even really like the color or material. I felt for $28.00 it was made poorly. Plus I am not sure the person designing it realizes that most pregnant woman still want form fitting clothes. My husband made the comment that made if I had it bigger belly it would work, but I don't know about that. Back it goes.

LA Made Maternity Welling V-Neck Maternity Knit Top





I actually really liked this shirt, but felt like it didn't photography well, at least on me. I loved the teal green color and it's a typically shirt I would wear, pregnant or not. I also really liked the material it was very soft and comfortable to wear. After some debate, I ended up sending this one back as well because I couldn't justify spending $48 on it. I definitely think Old Navy has similar maternity shirts for much cheaper.

Kut From the Kloth Janine Maternity Ponte Legging



I'm still not sure leggings are meant for me, but I gave them another go. I thought these looked cute, but not on me. I don't particularly like black pants so maybe that is why. I also found the material to be really heavy for leggings. I also found them still to be too big. I'm not sure if the brand just runs big or what, but I normally fit a 12 just fine. These went back not only because I wasn't a fan, but I couldn't see wearing them in the middle of summer and I refuse to pay $54 for pants.

Loveappella Coteli Sheer Yoke Maternity Tank


This next shirt I was really interested in as soon as I saw it. I loved the sheer, see through top, which is hard to see in the pictures and I felt comfortable in it. The only thing I didn't care for was the bottom seem to taper out, which I thought fit me oddly and didn't flatter my bump. After some debate on this one, it went back too. Between the fit and price of $48, I didn't feel it would be a good buy for me.

Papermoon Remmie Geo Print Maxi Skirt




I was also very intrigued by this skirt as well. I don't typically like long skirts or even wear skirts often so I wasn't sure, but I loved the print and thought it was different. It's completely not something I would pick out for myself, but it was comfortable and fit well. After some debating and input from my friend Lindsay I decided to treat myself and keep this one. I figured since it wasn't really a maternity skirt, but could stretch with me the rest of the pregnancy as well as afterwards it was worth the $58 price tag. 

My overall impression this time around is that I feel like it was still a wash. I got one thing out of five and spent more than I really wanted too. I found that the stylist listen to the best of her ability, but if they don't stock more affordable options it's hard. I definitely think this could be good for people who work full-time and need nice clothes. As a stay-at-home mom I don't really need super nice, expensive clothes. I also think if you need clothes for a special occasion this could be great. I am tempted to try one more time for a wedding I have in September to see what I get. 


Here is the skirt with a teal shirt I had. Don't mind the toddler throwing a fit :) I am glad I kept the skirt. I was great the night I wore it to my part-time job. Even though it's really humid here I never felt overly hot while wearing it.

Let me know what you guys think of round two and if you've ever tried Stitch Fix! Here is a referral link if you want to give it a go!

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4208908

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!