Level Up Virtual Runs: The Runner Awakens Recap!

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've had the time to sit down and write a little. My babies are keeping me busy lately, but I wanted to give everyone an update on the 5K I ran back in February. If you read my previous post then you know it was The Runner Awakens Run that I participated in. If you didn't read the first post, click here.

This was my first time using Level Up Virtual Runs and it won't be the last. The process to register was very simple and straightforward. There price point is also really great. As a stay-at-home mom I cannot afford a lot of races because they can get pricey. This race was $25 for the 5K and then increased by $5 for every distance up until the Half-Marathon.

I ended up running with my local Moms Run This Town chapter on one of the Saturday runs, which kept me very motivated to keep going. It was also nice to be without the kids for a bit and with my friends. I wasn't really happy with my time, but I did just have another baby at the end of November so I have to give myself a break. I did have a lot of fun and for my second 5K after baby with zero training, I can't complain.




Once I was done, I was able to submit my information online and have my medal shipped to me. One thing that I thought was different was that they do not require you to enter a time to receive your medal. It's completely on faith and I think it helps people who may not be comfortable partaking in races actually do them.

The pictures of the medal, looked awesome, but it's even better and BIGGER in real life! It is my biggest medal yet and the coolest so far. The middle part with BB-8 actually spins!! Yes, I am very excited about that, but the bling is what keeps me running and this is the best bling yet!




Here is the photo I posted on the other blog post of the medal..


Here is what I received..

 


Like I said already, best medal I've received so far and the coolest! Each month Level Up Virtual Runs offers different types of races for a reasonable cost. Not only do you get a medal, but you also receive a $25 off coupon to SLS3, which makes running gear. I highly recommend their dual pocket belt. I had a great time partaking in Level Up Virtual Runs, The Runner Awakens Run and can't wait to do another one.

Even my little guy likes the medal :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!