Rockets of Awesome Review`
Hello November! Where has the year gone? I cannot believe it's the holiday season already. This review is a long time coming. Story time. I had original wrote this post back in October and thought I had set it up to post at certain time.
Turns out that wasn't true at all and my post didn't save :(
It has taken me way too long to get back here to write, but we had a crazy, busy Fall with soccer games, L starting preschool, and our Disney trip. I finally feel like this week I caught up with everything I needed too, which is nuts because now it's the holidays and both of my kids birthday. I hope you enjoy reading about Rockets of Awesome and the great site I found!
Rockets of Awesome!
What is Rockets of Awesome you ask? It's like Stitch Fix for kids!! Anyone that knows me knows I love buying clothes for my kids especially L so this is something I was really excited to try out. It's really hard with the little one know to get out and go shopping like I use to be able to do with just L, so this could be a great solution.
How's it work you ask. You go to Rockets of Awesome website, sign up, and fill out a profile for your child. If your child is old enough to give opinions you can ask them, if not like in my case, I just filled it out based on what she likes and I like. Sizes of clothes range from 2-14. You will get between 8-12 items priced from the $12-$36 range, delivered four times a year! There are no fees and you pay for only what you like and return the rest!! I absolutely love the no fee!
Box #1
Box number one arrived in September and had some really cute Fall clothes!
This is the first two pieces of clothing that I had L try on. It was really cute blue star leggings with a blue shirt that says "We Are Awesome" I loved this from the moment I saw it as did L. Sadly, the leggings were HUGE on her so we had to send them back, but we did keep the shirt.
This is a grey, sparkly sweater. It is really cute and fits L great. This is the only other thing we kept from the box.
Shirt number three was this black and white crew sleeved shirt. It fit L, but I didn't like the cut at all or the way the shirt looked on her.
Both of these pieces are from our box. The skirt is a very metallic silver with a pink and white band. I can't really describe the material, but it's not cotton and very weird. L loved it, but I was not a fan so it went back. The shirt is a navy long-sleeve sweater with a ruffle at the bottom. It is adorable and one that we kept. It is a thicker material, which is perfect for winter and a little big so hopefully we can get extra wear out of it.
That weird skirt again with a grey sweater with a white polka dot ruffle bottom. I loved the shirt, but as you can see it was huge on L and I didn't love it on her as much as I thought I would. Back it went.
This one is hard to see, but it's black long-sleeve shirt with a ruffle at the bottom. It's cotton material and has a little bounce in it, but I did not like it as much as I thought I would.
This is a dress I was so excited to see. I loved the color and style of it so much. I was again disappointed. It was huge on L (on the sides especially) and kept falling offer her shoulders. If I could order this in a smaller size I would in a heartbeat.
This box also came with a silver headband, which was $12 and we didn't keep. L barely wears anything in her hair and I found it to be ugly. I was really happy with this box and liked it more then the second one. I do find that their clothing brand runs really big on my kid or fits her perfectly. After the second box, I also find that they are starting to hit more of what she and I like in terms of clothes. I'll be curious to see what the next box looks like.
Interested in trying Rockets of Awesome yourself? I'd love a referral from my awesome readers! Just a little discloser, if you do sign up under my link and buy something, we BOTH get an item for FREE of the same value! I love FREE clothes especially for my kids, don't you?
Winter boxes are still shipping now!
https://www.rocketsofawesome.com/?r=69bb2be6
Turns out that wasn't true at all and my post didn't save :(
It has taken me way too long to get back here to write, but we had a crazy, busy Fall with soccer games, L starting preschool, and our Disney trip. I finally feel like this week I caught up with everything I needed too, which is nuts because now it's the holidays and both of my kids birthday. I hope you enjoy reading about Rockets of Awesome and the great site I found!
Rockets of Awesome!
What is Rockets of Awesome you ask? It's like Stitch Fix for kids!! Anyone that knows me knows I love buying clothes for my kids especially L so this is something I was really excited to try out. It's really hard with the little one know to get out and go shopping like I use to be able to do with just L, so this could be a great solution.
How's it work you ask. You go to Rockets of Awesome website, sign up, and fill out a profile for your child. If your child is old enough to give opinions you can ask them, if not like in my case, I just filled it out based on what she likes and I like. Sizes of clothes range from 2-14. You will get between 8-12 items priced from the $12-$36 range, delivered four times a year! There are no fees and you pay for only what you like and return the rest!! I absolutely love the no fee!
Box #1
Box number one arrived in September and had some really cute Fall clothes!
This is the first two pieces of clothing that I had L try on. It was really cute blue star leggings with a blue shirt that says "We Are Awesome" I loved this from the moment I saw it as did L. Sadly, the leggings were HUGE on her so we had to send them back, but we did keep the shirt.
This is a grey, sparkly sweater. It is really cute and fits L great. This is the only other thing we kept from the box.
Shirt number three was this black and white crew sleeved shirt. It fit L, but I didn't like the cut at all or the way the shirt looked on her.
L and I both loved this blue ruffle shirt, but it was again really big on her. I also thought the shirt was a little thin for the price.
L is not a jeans kinda girl, but tried these on for me and really liked them. They are skinny jeans so they actual fit her waist and the length was great. The quality was really good too. I sent them back simply for the fact that L doesn't wear a lot of jeans and we have tons already.
These are blue sweat pant material pants and were really long on L. They fit around her waist, but were baggy.
This is the great, sparkly hoodie. It's really cute and fit L great. She really liked it, but I found the quality to not be great. It seemed really thin and like it could easily get snagged.
L refused to take a picture in this dress, but I love it. It's super cute, right? I was a little disappointed when she tried it out and saw how big this was on her and it was really long. So back it went.. :(
Overall, the first box was really cute and prices were not as bad as I thought they would be. I sadly do not have the invoice anymore to tell you individual pricing, but I know all the clothes were between $24-36. The box also included some sunglasses that were around the $12 mark, but I found them to be ugly and really small for L. Checkout was really easy and just like Stitch Fix. You log-in and tell them what you are keeping and what you are sending back. You can also leave feedback for each piece so the stylist know what you liked or didn't like.
Box #2
Box number two was bit delayed because the company had some many requests after the first box, but they were great about keeping me updated on that. We got our second box between the end of October and beginning of November. It had some really great and fun winter selections in it.
It's hard to tell in this picture, but these are black, velvet type pants. They fit L just fine, she just refused to take a picture in them for me. They simply were not our style so they went back.
These are navy dress pant. They fit L well too. They have a skinny leg and the waist is stretchy. L has tons of pants so we sent them back.
The is t-shirt like material and really cute. I found that it is definitely Halloween themed and had it been cheaper we probably have kept it. It fit L fine and she liked it.
Both of these pieces are from our box. The skirt is a very metallic silver with a pink and white band. I can't really describe the material, but it's not cotton and very weird. L loved it, but I was not a fan so it went back. The shirt is a navy long-sleeve sweater with a ruffle at the bottom. It is adorable and one that we kept. It is a thicker material, which is perfect for winter and a little big so hopefully we can get extra wear out of it.
That weird skirt again with a grey sweater with a white polka dot ruffle bottom. I loved the shirt, but as you can see it was huge on L and I didn't love it on her as much as I thought I would. Back it went.
This one is hard to see, but it's black long-sleeve shirt with a ruffle at the bottom. It's cotton material and has a little bounce in it, but I did not like it as much as I thought I would.
Now onto what John and I called the Ugly Sweater. It would be perfect for an Ugly sweater party, but that is really about it. I'm not sure if that is what they were going for or not. The color especially in winter in Ohio if off and the balls on it I could see falling off. L loved this shirt surprisingly, but I refused to let her keep it.
The skirt is from the box too and adorable. It is a total girly, ruffly skirt that L and I both loved. It fit her so well and we loved the color so we kept this.
Same pretty skirt with a long-sleeve black striped tee. It's very light-weight and a basic tee. It fit her fine, but for the price I opted to send it back.
This is a dress I was so excited to see. I loved the color and style of it so much. I was again disappointed. It was huge on L (on the sides especially) and kept falling offer her shoulders. If I could order this in a smaller size I would in a heartbeat.
This box also came with a silver headband, which was $12 and we didn't keep. L barely wears anything in her hair and I found it to be ugly. I was really happy with this box and liked it more then the second one. I do find that their clothing brand runs really big on my kid or fits her perfectly. After the second box, I also find that they are starting to hit more of what she and I like in terms of clothes. I'll be curious to see what the next box looks like.
Interested in trying Rockets of Awesome yourself? I'd love a referral from my awesome readers! Just a little discloser, if you do sign up under my link and buy something, we BOTH get an item for FREE of the same value! I love FREE clothes especially for my kids, don't you?
Winter boxes are still shipping now!
https://www.rocketsofawesome.com/?r=69bb2be6



















Comments
Post a Comment