Home {fill your cup} journal prompt

Creative with Kids offers this awesome weekly journal prompt e-mail that I've signed up for just recently. I figured this would broaden my horizon on topics to write about as well as make me do it more frequently. It gets sent over the weekend and last weekends were really interesting to me. The topic was home and you can write, draw, or art journal about it. The blogger art journal and her son drew his dream tree house. Here is the link for her blog post about home.

How would you like your home to feel? Make a list of words that come to mind.

I would like my home to feel comfortable, loving, and fun most of all. I want people to be able to come to home and feel comfortable right away. I also want my house to be full of love and fun. I love nothing more than hearing my daughter laughing and playing in the house. 

What are the people, things or places that say "Home" to you?

With the holidays fast approaching I think this is a very special time to ask this question. I live 4 hours south of where I grew up, which I still call home to this day. Dayton is my home now as an adult but all my memories of home as a child are in the greater Cleveland area. 

The people that say "home" to me are my mom, dad, sisters, my Aunt Kimmy (aka Keke), Grandma Carol, and Grandpa Ray. These people are the ones I am closest to in my family or were at some point. Obviously whenever I think of home I immediately picture my mom, dad, and sisters. We had some tough times but also lots of fun memories. I remember around the holidays my mom would always buy those premade sugar cookies that had turkeys, reindeer or Christmas trees on them. I also remember how music always seemed to be playing at our house. Nobody was a particularly good singer but I remember my dad always singing and how we would laugh at how bad he was. The day after Thanksgiving we always spent the day together and put the Christmas tree up. My Grandpa Ray used to dress up as Santa when I was little especially and I looking back at pictures of it always makes me think of home. 

The one thing that says "home" to me is snow. I hate it but we always had snow around the holidays. We don't get a lot down here so at times I miss it. I can't really think of any other things. Places is easy and simple. Cleveland is home even though I haven't lived there in many years. That is the one place I have the most memories of home. 

I can't wait until this holiday season officially kicks off and I can make new memories with my family in Dayton!

How would you like your home to feel? What are the people, things, and places that say "Home" to you? I would love to know your thoughts!



Manda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!