Happy New Year Friends!
I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe new year. I've been so
busy the last few days and haven't had a moment to sit down to blog. With the New
Year there is always a lot of talk about resolutions. I don't make them and I
don't plan to now. I think it's a waste since most of the resolutions don't
last for longer than a month. I know that's how it used to be for me. I use to
make vows to work out more, eat better, do better at school, etc. and I found
that it only lasted for a month maybe two at most. Now I just resolve to do
better year round.
The whole eating better and working out
resolutions is pointless unless you are ready and willingly to make a lifestyle
change. I think the idea of wanting to do these things is great, but you
shouldn't wait until the New Year to do them. I also think that if you stop you
should just start again and not wait until next year to try again. I fall off
the horse frequently through the year and have found that I just need to be
stricter with myself again. For instance, December was not a good month for me
in terms of tracking my food and even working out, but I didn't wait until
January 1st to start over I kept trying the whole month to get back to what I
needed to do. It finally worked but took the dedication and accountability to
make sure I was tracking my food and working out every day.
This year I plan to continue eating and
leading a healthy lifestyle, but I also have some other things I want to
accomplish. I hope to share my journey in these areas with you all as
well.
I'm off to be mom as the little one has
woken up. Until next time (hopefully tomorrow)...
Amanda
Trying out a new signature and font. Let me know what you think!
Comments
Post a Comment