Patience – Journal Prompts {Fill Your Cup}

  • We wish for more patience – what does that mean?  An ability to feel content waiting?  Less stress when things don’t go your way?  What does being patient mean to you?
I think that wishing for patience means just having more peaceful moments in your day-to-day life. We all have to wait at certain times so I think the ability to feel content and stress less is what wishing for patience truly means. I think that just being able to realize that you can't control everything and taking the time to enjoy every moment of life is what patience's is all about.

  • Are you ever impatient because you are trying to control too many people, events or situations in your life?  What can you let go of in order to be more patient?
I am definitely impatient because I am trying to control people, events, or situations in my life. I am your typically Type-A personality that needs to control everything in my life. I like things done a certain way so I find myself becoming impatient when people try to help me or give advice that is different. What I have learned to do is determine if I need things a certain way or just prefer them that way. If I need them a certain way then I make sure I point that out. If its more of a want then I try to determine exactly how I can be ok with things not going my way. For instance, my husband drives me crazy about how he folds laundry. I used to nag constantly at him, but now I have just found out that its easier for me to do the laundry the way I like instead of nagging him. Also if he does help I just take a deep breath, release the air, and just let things be. I remember to be thankful for the help instead of impatient because it's not going my way.

Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!