Chinese Fried Rice Recipe

I love Chinese food especially Fried Rice, but it's so expensive to order. Since we've been eating out less, I haven't had Chinese food in almost a year. I've been looking for easy recipes to try out at home, but my husband doesn't like Chinese food so it makes it hard to find a time to do. Back in May, John went to Houston for a week for a Microsoft conference. That left L and I on our own for a few days. I decided this would be the perfect time to try out one of the Chinese recipes I pinned. A friend told me about this specific recipe and how easy it was to make on top of being really good.

I have no idea whose recipe this is to give credit. I did adapted this because I didn't need a lot of rice since L and I were the only ones eating it.

Fried Rice

1 pouch of Uncle Ben's Instant White Rice
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 bag frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1/2 small onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3-4 Tbsp soy sauce

1. On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet  or wok. Add the pea/carrot mix, onions, and garlic. Stir fry until tender.
2. Lower the heat to medium and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled. Add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well.
3. Stir fry until thoroughly heated.


This is a very simple recipe that can be made a variety of ways. You can add pork in it if you want Pork Fried Rice or chicken. You can even add shrimp. You could add diced ham and green onions too. This is one of those recipes you can make your own.

It is so good and filling. I ended up just eating this for dinner the night I had it, followed by lunch the next day. Next time I plan on adding some chicken pieces into it and see how that taste.

This is the original recipe with the bigger amounts for those that are interested: Fried Rice

Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!