Shifting Perspective – Journal Prompts {Fill Your Cup}

Hello everyone!

The last few days have been really stressful. We had visitors in town this past weekend and L has been in a very odd mood plus we started swim lessons. I received an e-mail a few weeks ago about the topic of shifting perspectives and how as mothers we do it often. With everything that has been going on I thought it would be a good topic for me to write and reflect on.


**When meltdown moments strike, how can you rebound quickly, shift your perspective, and put a positive light back into your day?


So when meltdown moments happen what I do just depends on the situation. So if L has a meltdown I typically just ignore her until she is done. If she has a meltdown because of doing something bad then I take a different course of action depending on what happened. If it's just a typical toddler meltdown ignoring her is my rebound and lets me shift my perspective. I usually take a deep breath and count to five. By then she is usually down and I can ask her what is wrong. With her vocabulary being limited, I go with the approach of having her take my hand and showing me what was the problem. I have found that it's something simple like she can't reach a toy or she wants a little more attention then I was giving her. This puts the positive light back into my day because it makes my little girl happy again.


If I happen to be on the verge of a meltdown I take a deep, cleansing breath and use my counting technique. If I need a few minutes I just let L play by herself for awhile and take a few minutes to myself. If she is crying and I can't get her to calm down, I simply put her in her crib and give myself a few minutes to rebound. To put the positive light back into my day I just remind myself that L is learning so much she gets overwhelmed and can't care for herself. 



So know that you all know how I shift my perspective during stressful time, I want to know how you do it. Share in the comments or blog about it yourself. Do you do the same thing I do? Something completely different? Or are you still trying to figure a way to shift your perspective?

Can't wait to read your responses!

Amanda



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!