The Days (and Nights) Are Long, But The Years Are Short

This first half of the year, I've been told that saying a lot and while it's meant to be helpful, it's not all the time especially to someone suffering from postpartum depression and/or anxiety. The last seven month have been the hardest of my life. I never expected to have postpartum depressions or anxiety and I never expected to have it show up two months after having T.

It has really thrown me for a loop and taken a lot longer to "get over" for lack of a better word. From about February/March until middle of July has been the roughest patch for me. I was barely sleeping, had a baby who screamed and cried all day and night, and had a toddler who needed me as well. I have spent months trying to figure out what is wrong with my son. I've had the pediatrician check for some many things and was always left with no answers. 

June was my breaking point. I was in a really bad place and luckily my husband really started noticing. I think the sheer lack of sleep had started to really effect me. June was just a haze for me and I felt like I was always on autopilot. I have never been more thankful for my friends during these last few months. It really does take a village to raise kids and I am so glad for mine. In July though we have turned a corner. I am hoping it continues and my PPD will get better.

BreadCrumbsBlog

T is growing like a weed and eating everything in sight. He also started crawling and loves to terrorize his big sister especially all her Princess toys! He's also turned into a fairly happy baby, cries less, and is sleeping for longer periods. I've recently found a 'high needs' baby group that has been a blessing. After reading what a high needs baby is considered, I can firmly say that T is definitely a high needs baby. After reading almost every article in the group, I've found a better way to handle some of his high needs tendencies as well. This has lead to a better and happy month from everyone. 

I hope that he continues on this path so I can focus a little more of my time on L too. She has been acting out a lot and it's definitely because I haven't had as much time as I used to for her. I am hopefully that in the Fall we can get on a good routine and I can have some one-on-one time for her more often.

Now I am off to bed as the little ones are asleep. Cross your fingers, that it lasts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!