St. Lucia!

St. Lucia
March  10, 2011

 Well I do not even know where to start about St. Lucia! It was my favorite island to visit by far. The island is breathtaking and pictures seriously do not do it justice. I told John that this was the next place we need to visit and he agreed. The people are so nice and helpful. I could just rave about St. Lucia this entire post but I won't.

John picked the excursion for this island so we did Kayaking Pigeon Island. You get a transfer from port to the other side of the island, which offers great views back and forth to port. Once you get to the bay where you kayak you are given a safety briefing about what to do and what not to do. You then are able to get into two person sea kayaks to follow the guides to Pigeon Island. I thought this would be a much longer kayak ride but it is not at all. You basically start on one side of the bay and go to the other, which is Pigeon Island. For the amount of money we spent I was hoping for more time on the kayak but I guess that is what you get. 

Once you are to Pigeon Island you have about two hours to enjoy the beach, snorkel/playing the ocean, take a guided tour of Fort Rodney as well as enjoy some refreshments. I choose to just relax on the beach in the sun and play in the water for most of the trip. John snorkeled and relax as well. I had no interest in hiking in sandals up to Fort Rodney after kayaking and swimming but many people did that. 

On the way back you get even more breathtaking views of St. Lucia. The guide on the bus back also talks about the island and answered questions from some of the group. Once back to port we headed to the room to clean up a bit and then back out to the duty free shops. After being in the sun all day we were tired so we did not go out into the city, which I wanted to do. That just made me want to head back even sooner so we could explore more this great island!!



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!