Weekend Trip for Kenny Chesney..Oh and baseball bats..
Louisville, KY; Evansville, IN; & Kenny Chesney!!
August 6-8, 2011
This originally started out as a trip to see Kenny Chesney in Evansville, IN because he added a last minute show and then it proceeded to include a stop in Louisville, KY because we were already driving through.
In Louisville the main thing John wanted to do was check out the
Louisville Slugger Museum because he is a huge baseball fan. The museum
for me was just so-so. I do not really care for baseball so it was kinda
boring. John was in heaven and loved every minute. I thought the museum
was too small and the tour was too short for the price of the museum.
It was definitely a cool experience and I think if we had children it
would have been more enjoyable.
After the museum we went to find our hotel, which was about 10 minutes or so from downtown Louisville. We stayed at the Hyatt Place Louisville East. The hotel was so nice and modern. It is a smaller hotel but for one night we were fine with that. We got to enjoy the outdoor pool they offered for a little bit and then just relaxed. This is definitely a hotel brand to check out!
The next day we had a leisurely start and headed to Evansville, IN. It took about two hours or so for us to get there from Louisville. Once in Evansville we called to see if we could check into our hotel early. They said yes so we grab some lunch before and then went to see what was around our hotel. With the location for the concert just down the street and it being a Sunday night we decided to just relax around the hotel instead of going into downtown Evansville.
This was the evening I was most looking forward to so John told me we could do whatever I wanted for dinner and get to the show as early as I wanted. I found out through Kenny Chesney website that they were having some preshow event at the Hooters so went for dinner and to check out the event. Not much was going on beside playing his music and the chance to win free stuff but it was still fun. After dinner we headed to the show!! I'll only post a few photos but John got me really great seats so that seriously made my night!!
| Uncle Kracker opened for Kenny |
On the way back to Dayton we made a stop in Santa Claus, IN since it intrigued me on the way to Evansville. It was a cute little town that obviously had everything to with Christmas. We stopped by a few of the shops but I think it would be cute to go back with kids since the town was geared toward them.
Comments
Post a Comment