Gift {fill your cup} journal prompt
I hope everyone had a great
Thanksgiving and enjoyed time with their family and friends. I have finally
found time to sit down and write a little after the long holiday weekend as
well as having a very cranky, teething baby. The journal prompt from Creative with Kids is gifts. This is something that I
found really appropriate to talk about because of the holiday season.
What is the
best gift you've ever received?
The best
gift I've ever received is my daughter. I know she is technical not a gift but
to me she is. I never knew the kind of love I could feel for someone else until
the doctors placed her on my chest and after nine long months finally got to
hold her. It also helps that her birthday is December 12th so we always called
her our little Christmas gift. She truly has changed my world in a way I could
never imagine and even on the bad days being her mom is still the only thing I
want to do.
What is your "gift giving philosophy?" What sort of gift feels good to you to give?
I'm also
going to answer this one because it has changed in recent years. My "gift
giving philosophy" now is that I like to give meaningful gifts
or practical gifts. I think our society as a whole is obsessed with
just receiving presents just to have more stuff. I know that I much prefer
to receive practical gifts instead of just stuff that is going to lie around
and never get used.
I used to be
the opposite and want to give the coolest stuff as gifts but found that a lot
of people either used them briefly or not at all. The kind of gift that
feels good to me to give to someone is something homemade whether it be food, a
beauty set, or a little craft set they can make. I found these to be more
memorable gift then the latest gadget.
Now it's
your turn to share!
What is the
best gift you've ever received? What is your "gift
giving philosophy?" What sort of gift feels good to you to give?
Please share
in the comments! I love to know what you all think especially about the
holidays as it my favorite time of year!
Manda
Comments
Post a Comment