Pretty in Pink Birthday Celebration!

My sweet little girl turned one on December 12th. I still can't believe it has been a year. I thought my pregnancy went by fast but this first year went even faster. On December 7th we celebrated Lexi birthday with our immediate family with a Pretty in Pink birthday celebration. My idea behind it was that I didn't want to spend a crazy amount on her party since she won't remember any of it. Everyone told me that the first birthday is more for the parents and family anyways. I totally agree and after looking at various themes I liked the idea of Pretty in Pink. 

Decorations

My decoration ideas came from Pinterest and were simple and inexpensive. I got all of the supplies at the Dollar Tree and I had the scrap booking paper on hand already. 



Her birthday banner I made using scrap booking paper and the computer. My husband printed out the letters and we cut them out and pasted them to the circles I cut out. I used the food processor canister for the size of the circles. I then used red ribbon to have the banner hang on and taped it to the wall. I got the idea from the blog View Along the Way. This was really simple and easy to make. I plan on doing this for most if not all of her birthdays and customize it depending on theme. I was planning on just using pinks but I liked the look of the various colors together instead.





The balloons were my favorite decorations. I blew 12 of them up and attached ribbon. At the bottom of each ribbon had a photo of Lexi from birth until 11 months. The balloons were then typed to my ceiling since I forgot to get helium balloons so they would float. I got the idea off of Pinterest from the blog Cool-Whipfree.



I made the banner around her chair the same way as the birthday banner but just typed it to the sides of her chair. I saw the idea on Pinterest from the website Catch My Party

The only other decorations I had were some pink party streamers that were typed around my house. 

Food

I have no pictures of the food, but we had a lot! We had sloppy joes, sandwich trays, pizza, wings, and chips. It was a nice mixed bagged of food that our family helped us with. It also provided food for all day since Ohio State played that night. 

Cake





I absolutely loved Lexi cake! It was amazing and Ele Cake Co. did an awesome job! I had a variety of cake ideas pinned, but John and I liked this one the best. I used the general idea but customized it to something simpler. The cake was a big number one. I went with pinks and purples with polka dots. Her smash cake was like a piece of art and most of my family didn't want me to let her smash it. 

Miscellaneous

The only other ideas I used during her party was the game "Who Looks More Like Lexi?" I used a baby picture of both John and I at age one and had people put an X on a piece of paper under who the guest thought she resembled. 

I also put together a time capsule for Lexi to read on her 18th birthday. I am not sure if I am going to have people add to it every year or just some birthdays but I loved the idea that people could write to her today and she would be able to know what they were thinking. I am so glad that I was able to find this idea on Pinterest. 










Lexi had so much fun on her big day and received so many great gifts. She is absolutely in love with her ball pit from Aunt Shea though. I am so incredibly thankful for our family who adores this little girl and spoils her rotten. They truly made her first birthday everything I could have wished for and more. Lexi favorite activity was definitely the cake smash!




Manda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!