31 Days 2013 - Change & Helping

My post today is going to take a bit of a different turn, but still has to do with the general theme. As I've stated before I am definitely a people pleaser as well as a person who likes to help others. I tend to give much more then I receive and most of the time I don't care. This last person I've helped out I feel as though they used me for a few months and when the going got tough just decided to up and revolt back to their old ways. I get that change is hard, trust me I know it is, but at some point you just have to bite the bullet and stick with it. If you constantly go back to the things that are comfortable to you then you will never figure out how to get through all the uncomfortable parts of life. 

I guess my biggest problem is that I can't put myself in this person shoes. If I wanted to better my life then I would do everything in my power to do that instead of retreating to what is comfortable and safe. When I decided to be at stay-at-home mom I was terrified. I was so worried about being bored and money that it almost kept me from not staying home. It's been almost 10 months since I left my job and I don't regret it at all. Yes, things have not been easy and all the things I was worried about have worried me even more, but I wouldn't trade one day of missing my daughters beautiful little face to be stuck in a job I hated. I know deep down that I made the right decision, but the rational part of me keeps telling me that I was wrong. 

I've recently decided to start looking and applying for jobs again. I am hoping to be able to find something that will ignite my passion or at least be on the way to a career that I want to have. Mostly I just want to find something that will make me happy and make me feel ok with leaving my daughter. The latter is the harder part, but I know deep down that it is time for me to head back to workforce so that why I can help myself fully happy again. As much as I have loved staying home something is missing and I truly believe it is the fact I don't have a job. I have always worked and had that as a big part of my identity so to not have that has been hard on me. I have total mommy guilt right now, but I think once I get into a career and job that I want to be in it will make the transition easier.

So what is the point of this big, long, and somewhat random post? It is to know that change is ok and something that most people have to go through at some point. I also know that even though this last situation of where I helped someone didn't work out I will probably help someone else again because that is my nature. It is also something I like to do. Just know that if you want change in your life then you are going to have to stick it out through all the uncomfortable parts to get to the good things in life.

 Manda



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!