31 Days 2013: Relaxing
I've been very uninspired to write the last few days and didn't want to force something out. Over the weekend I got an email from Creative With Kids a blog I follow and her topic and prompt questions got me thinking. It was all about relaxing and how her focusing on getting things done robs her from relaxing. It got me thinking because I feel the same way most days. I don't always feel I get time to relax or even can enjoy the little things in like. For the most part I've been really good at keeping myself in the moment but the last few days I've felt rushed and like I was on a constant to-do list.
Before I had Lexi relaxing for me was curling up with a good book, watching one of the shows I enjoy, and messing around on the Internet. I still get to do those things I just have to pick and choose, which ones are more important and make time for it. I used to watch a lot of TV and now I pick and choose, which shows are important to me to keep up with. I also DVR most shows so I can skip through all the commercials and not waste an hour. The same goes for the Internet. I didn't really realize how much time I was wasting online, but now I choose what is important to me for that day and time and focus on that. I still make time to read and hopefully that will never change. I read pretty much on and off throughout the day with the help of my Kindle app on my iPhone.
I now also consider exercising relaxing and an important part of my life. I want Lexi to lead a healthy lifestyle so I need to show her how to add activity into daily life. Even if it just a walk around the block or walking in one of the parks getting some sort of physical activity into my day makes me much happier and relaxed. Hopefully I will continue this and she will see how important it is to be active in your daily life.
I know that some of the most relaxing times I've experience are simply watching Lexi play and learn. It's so cool to see all her expression and figure out things. Like tonight she actually furniture walked, which she hasn't done yet. Her facial expression the whole time was just amazing to watch and when she got to the other side she was so excited and happy as was I.
How do you relax? If you have kids, has relaxing changed for you? How can you make sure you add relaxation into your daily life?
I would love to hear what you all think. Share below in the comments!! Until next time...
Manda
Before I had Lexi relaxing for me was curling up with a good book, watching one of the shows I enjoy, and messing around on the Internet. I still get to do those things I just have to pick and choose, which ones are more important and make time for it. I used to watch a lot of TV and now I pick and choose, which shows are important to me to keep up with. I also DVR most shows so I can skip through all the commercials and not waste an hour. The same goes for the Internet. I didn't really realize how much time I was wasting online, but now I choose what is important to me for that day and time and focus on that. I still make time to read and hopefully that will never change. I read pretty much on and off throughout the day with the help of my Kindle app on my iPhone.
I now also consider exercising relaxing and an important part of my life. I want Lexi to lead a healthy lifestyle so I need to show her how to add activity into daily life. Even if it just a walk around the block or walking in one of the parks getting some sort of physical activity into my day makes me much happier and relaxed. Hopefully I will continue this and she will see how important it is to be active in your daily life.
I know that some of the most relaxing times I've experience are simply watching Lexi play and learn. It's so cool to see all her expression and figure out things. Like tonight she actually furniture walked, which she hasn't done yet. Her facial expression the whole time was just amazing to watch and when she got to the other side she was so excited and happy as was I.
How do you relax? If you have kids, has relaxing changed for you? How can you make sure you add relaxation into your daily life?
I would love to hear what you all think. Share below in the comments!! Until next time...
Manda
Comments
Post a Comment