31 Days 2013: Regrets

I've always said that I have no regrets in my life and for the most part I don't. At the time all the decisions I made were what I thought was best for me. Now looking back I don't think I have regrets but definitely places where I would have liked to do something different. There not many big changes but a few small ones that really changed the way my life was going. It's easy to say now that I would do things different because I see how that particular path turned out and obviously do not like how it turned out. I guess I just wish that I had more guidance in my life on certain areas so I know that what I am doing is the best decision.

One are of my life that I wish I had more knowledge is money. Money as in bills, credit cards, etc. are things that parents do not seem to discuss with their children. This leads to making poor choices, which I definitely have in the past. I think we need to open this topic up for discussion at home to make sure our children do not suffer the same mistakes we went through. I wish my parents were more open about this topic with us because it really did not do me or my middle sister any good to not talk about it. 

While money is an area that I have regrets about I can say without a doubt that motherhood is one of those areas I have no regrets on. I am so glad that I took the chance on becoming a mother even though I was worried I wouldn't be a good one or prepared enough for it. The truth is that no one is ever fully prepared to be a parent. It is definitely a learning process that can only happen once the little one arrives because books, articles, and blogs will not prepare you for everything. I also have no regrets about deciding to be a stay-at-home mom. This is by far the toughest job I've ever had but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Being able to stay home has allowed me to have a bond with my daughter that I never thought I would. It has given me the chance to see her grow and change on a daily basis. It has given me a chance to be more present in my everyday life, which didn't always happen when I was working or going to school or both. It also made me see the beauty in everyday life everyone misses. 

The best thing motherhood did to me was make me loosing up some. I used to be so uptight about how clean my house had to be, if things were put back correct, and just making sure my house looked immaculate every day. I realized early on that if I continued that way I would miss all this time with my daughter that I can never get back. So now I don't stress so much about the little things. I also let people help me more even if they put things back where I might not like them. I realized that it doesn't bother me anymore that there are a few dishes in the sink or if the laundry isn't folded and put away right away. God gave me this beautiful little girl to enhance my life in so many other ways that I know everything else will be ok. 

So try not regret things just make sure you learn from your mistakes and that you make the best of your situation. Life only happens once and you cannot spend everyday wishing things were different. Take the time to enjoy the little things in life.

Do you have any regrets? If so, what are they? How do you make everyday count? I would love to hear what you all think.

Manda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!