31 Days 2013 - Help Determining Personality Traits

I've been bad and forgot to blog a couple days. I am going to try and do better to remember the rest of the time. Today I've been thinking a lot about a conversation I had last night with my step-mom. We were just catching up and she said something to me that has stuck with me and made me really think. The back story is that I left my previous job in January to try the stay-at-home mom thing and because of how I unhappy I was. I was going to use the time to bond with the baby and look for something in a career field I wanted to be in. Well fast-forward 10 months and I'm still without a job and even more confused. Now back to the conversation... 

We were talking about how I wanted to apply for some jobs at her company and how I was kind of disappointed I didn't find anything marketing related or administrative liked I hoped, but was heading back to the banking world. She told me that she is a firm believer in everything happening for a reason and that maybe I am meant to be in banking. This might be God's way of telling me that I needed to head in the direction I was already in. This stuck with my all night and all day until I had some time to process what she thinks. Now I know that I enjoyed aspects of the banking world just not the crazy sales pressure I was under all the time. So maybe I am meant to be in banking or at least the financial sector. Only time will really tell me that. 

So after making peace with that thought I was still stumped on my personality traits as well as things I liked and disliked. I know it should be easier to name things I like and dislike, but I've been struggling. I've also been struggling with how to take that list and helped guide me in my life. With that thought I wondered if a personality test might help me. After Googling and taking a few I finally found one that I thought was really good and accurate to what I know about myself.

On 16Personalities, they offered a free test with about 80 questions and a whole bunch of information on your results. After taking the test I discovered that I have an ESFJ personality type. The article said that if someone described an ESFJ personality in three words they would be Practical, Altruistic, and Sociable. While I agree with the first and last I don't really see myself as the second at all. After reading the rest of the article it made me realized how accurate this test actually was. For the most part the whole article described me with one section that was really off-base of how I feel.

Here is the whole article for those that want to read it: ESFJ Personality

I then moved onto the careers sections because that is what interested me the most. Well reading this article too it really shocked me at how accurate the descriptions were and how much I really identified with it. Some of the general career fields they suggested are bookkeepers, accountants, administrators, teaching, medical care, counseling, and social work. Most of these are career fields I would have never imagined going into because I was bad with math and science in my younger years. Now they don't scare me as much, but I know most of these fields are unattainable with my current situation and education. 

Here is the whole article as well: ESFJ Careers

This has really given me more hope in knowing that I will find out more about myself and how to relate that to a career. I am also just going with God right now and letting him take me in the direction he wants. I've never been very religious, but I really need something to believe in nowadays. 

 Manda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!