31 Days 2013 - Crafting!!

I finally got a night to start and even better finish crafting!!! Lexi is going to be a Bumblebee for Halloween and it came with this hat that has antennas on it. Well Lexi's head is way too big for it. So with the help of Pinterest I found a way to make my own from a blog I follow called Living Well Spending Less. She is amazing and has really great recipes, crafts, and tips.

After stopping by Jo-Ann Fabrics to pick up my supplies this was very easy to make. Here is what you'll need to get started:


  • Black Elastic Headband
  • Pipe Cleaners
  • Pom Poms
  • Hot Glue Gun
I couldn't find black elastic headband so I bought black elastic necklaces instead.  The first thing I did was make sure the black elastic fit her head. Once that was done I wrap one black pipe cleaner in half around the elastic headband. I did the same thing about 3 inches or so from the first one so I had two antennas. At the very top I folded the ends down so they stayed together. After that I took my hot glue gun and put a nice big glop of glue on the end of the pipe cleaner and then attached the pom poms. This was really simple and very inexpensive to make. 

Here is my finished project.



The only other difference is that I used yellow pom poms instead of black ones. I am so happy and proud that I actually followed through on making time to craft. It left me feeling very creative and happy. 

For the original DIY craft: Halloween DiY: Bumblebee Costume {Part 2}.

Manda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Florida Keys Review

31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!

A Guide to Maui with Kids!