31 Days 2013 - Letting Go
I know, I know. This is late
it's already day two technically but I got busy being a mom and haven't had
time to get online to blog. So my topic for today is simple: Letting Go. It's
about letting go of all the things everyone in my life wants and expects me to
be and just be who I want to be.
My big secret is that I am a people pleaser. I enjoy making others happy and for most of my life it has gotten in the way of what I really want to do because I am scared to death of disappointing those I love. After I became a stay-at-home mom the people pleaser that I am really started to bother me. Looking back at old photos and thinking about old memories made me realize that I always seemed to do what I thought would make others proud or happy instead of what I want. Now I don't have regrets about much in my life (just a few things I would do differently) because it's all lead me to now and now is pretty good. I have a hard-working husband, my own house, and the most beautiful baby girl in the world. I would never change anything that would alter those aspects of my life because they bring me the most happiness.
So now the big questions: What makes me happy? What type of career do I want? What do I want out of life?
Those are big, scary questions that I really don't have answers for right now. I am hopeful that by the end of this journey that I will have some answers to help lead me in the direction I want to go.
Until later...
My big secret is that I am a people pleaser. I enjoy making others happy and for most of my life it has gotten in the way of what I really want to do because I am scared to death of disappointing those I love. After I became a stay-at-home mom the people pleaser that I am really started to bother me. Looking back at old photos and thinking about old memories made me realize that I always seemed to do what I thought would make others proud or happy instead of what I want. Now I don't have regrets about much in my life (just a few things I would do differently) because it's all lead me to now and now is pretty good. I have a hard-working husband, my own house, and the most beautiful baby girl in the world. I would never change anything that would alter those aspects of my life because they bring me the most happiness.
So now the big questions: What makes me happy? What type of career do I want? What do I want out of life?
Those are big, scary questions that I really don't have answers for right now. I am hopeful that by the end of this journey that I will have some answers to help lead me in the direction I want to go.
Until later...
*Manda*
Comments
Post a Comment