31 Days 2013: Weight Loss!!!
Today has been an awesome day from start to finish!! Things just seem to
falling in place and that makes me very happy as well as way less stressed. The
best news of the day is that I lost more weight!!!!
For those that were not aware I have been actively trying to lost weight since after I had Lexi. Well I lost the 25lbs of baby weight I gained in April, but wanted to lose more. So from that point on I started really focusing on losing weight. It already helped that I stopped having Starbucks multiple times a month and sometimes a week as well as pretty much stopped eating out. At home I focused more on healthier menu options as well as potion control. I also started tracking my food with MyFitnessPal. I truly believe those three things helped me continue losing weight because all I did for working out was walk. I would say around August/September was when I started adding more exercising into the mix. I focused on things I could do at home with the baby so it wouldn't take me away from her or have her become the excuse why I wasn't working out. I used workouts I found on Pinterest that included monthly challenges and daily workouts.
Every Friday my mom group and I do a weight in to help keep us on track. Last Friday I lost about a half of a pound and was feeling a little defeated. With how I was feeling last week I was dreading getting on the scale, but did it anyways and was completely shocked. It read 167.6. I was speechless for a while and just stood there staring at the number then the baby started crying, which brought me back to reality. After I had awhile to think about what the scale said I got very excited and happy because I haven't seen the 160s probably since high school or maybe early college before I started dating John. Let's just say it's been a long time.
I don't know if I'll ever reach my goal weight of 150 or even if I care that much to reach it. The one thing I do care about is continuing to live a healthy lifestyle. I want my daughter to grow up knowing how to eat healthy and be active. I also want her to know that it's ok to indulge and sometimes you are going to get off track, but that you don't need to beat yourself up about it. All you need to do it start over the next day and aim for eating healthy.
I wasn't going to blog about this, but I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore because I am so incredibility proud of myself for making this healthy lifestyle switch. I am so proud that I am happy with my body and completely comfortable in my own skin. I believe that Lexi is the reason for that. Carrying and having a baby is a beautiful, life-changing event that makes you look at the bigger picture. I hope that Lexi won't have to wait until the day she has children to figure out that people come in all shapes and sizes. I also hope that she will be comfortable in her own skin and know that as long as she is eating healthy and being active then she is doing the right thing.
For ideas on health and fitness follow my Pinterest board: Health/Exercise.
Manda
For those that were not aware I have been actively trying to lost weight since after I had Lexi. Well I lost the 25lbs of baby weight I gained in April, but wanted to lose more. So from that point on I started really focusing on losing weight. It already helped that I stopped having Starbucks multiple times a month and sometimes a week as well as pretty much stopped eating out. At home I focused more on healthier menu options as well as potion control. I also started tracking my food with MyFitnessPal. I truly believe those three things helped me continue losing weight because all I did for working out was walk. I would say around August/September was when I started adding more exercising into the mix. I focused on things I could do at home with the baby so it wouldn't take me away from her or have her become the excuse why I wasn't working out. I used workouts I found on Pinterest that included monthly challenges and daily workouts.
Every Friday my mom group and I do a weight in to help keep us on track. Last Friday I lost about a half of a pound and was feeling a little defeated. With how I was feeling last week I was dreading getting on the scale, but did it anyways and was completely shocked. It read 167.6. I was speechless for a while and just stood there staring at the number then the baby started crying, which brought me back to reality. After I had awhile to think about what the scale said I got very excited and happy because I haven't seen the 160s probably since high school or maybe early college before I started dating John. Let's just say it's been a long time.
I don't know if I'll ever reach my goal weight of 150 or even if I care that much to reach it. The one thing I do care about is continuing to live a healthy lifestyle. I want my daughter to grow up knowing how to eat healthy and be active. I also want her to know that it's ok to indulge and sometimes you are going to get off track, but that you don't need to beat yourself up about it. All you need to do it start over the next day and aim for eating healthy.
I wasn't going to blog about this, but I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore because I am so incredibility proud of myself for making this healthy lifestyle switch. I am so proud that I am happy with my body and completely comfortable in my own skin. I believe that Lexi is the reason for that. Carrying and having a baby is a beautiful, life-changing event that makes you look at the bigger picture. I hope that Lexi won't have to wait until the day she has children to figure out that people come in all shapes and sizes. I also hope that she will be comfortable in her own skin and know that as long as she is eating healthy and being active then she is doing the right thing.
For ideas on health and fitness follow my Pinterest board: Health/Exercise.
Manda
Your doing great Amanda!! Better then me I didn't even join in :(
ReplyDelete